| Hendrik Wentzel
What size surfboard should I use?
It's always hard to give a recommended size because there are so many factors to take into consideration. Below is a chart on our size recommendations for Beginner surfers. If you have had a bit of surf experience you may be able to go a bit shorter, and if you are advanced, well you'd already know...
We produce 2 main Shapes
Mal / Mini Mal (Tribe 7-9)
- Available in 7'0, 8'0 and 9'0
- Ideal for Learning / Beginners
- Wide all the way to the front so its nice and stable
- Paddles fast so it extremely easy to catch waves early and get to your feet.
- Great for experienced riders to have fun on small days
Short Boards (Tribe 6)
- Available in 6'0
- Ideal for intermediates / Young groms learning
- Traditional Shortboard shape makes it easier for turns and steeper waves
- Great for kids to learn on as they're not too wide
- Good board for experienced riders to use between the flags etc
See Image above for a good indication of which size surfboard you should use.